My highly anticipated girl's trip to Napa Valley is around the corner and I couldn't be more excited. I've never been before, so I'm looking forward to a weekend of great wine, girl time and delicious food. Today, I'm sharing some wine country style essentials. All these items are easy to take from day to night and can be worn throughout the weekend in different ways to minimize overpacking (even though we all still do it).
- Anything chambray is perfect for Napa. The light denim color, plus the ease and comfort of this dress makes it the perfect wine tasting outfit. After all that wine and cheese, you'll want to be in something comfortable (with room for your food/wine belly), but still flattering. I especially love the cross detail in the front and the lightly ruffled sleeves. You can swap out some sandals for heels and you'll be ready for dinner!
- If there's two things that remind me of wine country, it's anything off the shoulder and stripes. This top is the perfect mix of those, obviously. I love the casual and light feel of this top. You can pair it with distressed denim, linen pants or even a pair of white shorts. This top is super versatile and looks great on any body type.
- Jumpsuits have become a recent obsession of mine and I absolutely love this one. It has an elegant feel, but is still casual enough for day time wear. It's perfect for staying comfortable while catching an early flight (but still maintaining a chic airport look) and heading straight to a brunch/lunch. I love that it can be paired with either flats or heels, you pick!
- Every girl needs a Panama Hat. I like to think of it as my "vacation hat" because it's light color has a summery feel to it. Not only will it go with the majority of your outfits, it'll keep you cool while walking around and your face protected from the sun on a hot day of wine tours. Plus, there's the added bonus of an automatic fix to a bad hair day.
- When you're out and about touring wineries and enjoying your wine, you don't want to be hassled with a big bag falling off or looking for a place to keep it. You'll need something that is simple, versatile and just big enough to fit your essentials. I love this crossbody bag; it's got a great look to it and can be styled easily.
- There is nothing worse than a pair of uncomfortable shoes. I will always opt to wear heels if I can, but this would be one of my exceptions. You don't want anything interrupting your day (or your buzz) when you're out tasting. These sandals are great because they're easy to put on, but not too flimsy that they'll break or come off if you're walking through unpaved/bumpy land. Comfort + style are key and these sandals nailed it.
Hope this will give you guys some good inspiration if you happen to be heading up to Napa Valley as well! I've included shopping links to all the items below, including the off the shoulder top posted to my Instagram.
1. Washed Ashore Dress - Lovers + Friends
2. Off the Shoulder Top - Bella Dahl
3. Caprice Jumpsuit - Faithfull the Brand
4. Panama Hat - J. Crew
5. Allysin Saddle Bag - Annabel Ingall
6. Bestii Sandal - Steve Madden
7. Contemporary Mesh Top - Forever 21 (pictured on my Instagram)