I realize that winter is coming to an end on the West Coast (and we didn't have much of a winter to begin with)...but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be investing in at least one nice coat. You know...for those freak of nature moments when it gets colder than 50 in LA...or you happen to go somewhere that actually has seasons.
My go to this winter season has been this gorgeous coat from Zara. I bought it early fall of last year, so unfortunately it's not available anymore. However, you can find similar ones here, here and a slightly longer option here.
I chose to go with a slightly darker gray. This was on constant rotation through the last few months, so a color closer to black tends to go with everything. Plus, lighter coats tend to get dirtier quicker. I'm about 5'2" so I chose a mid-length coat, rather than something longer, for fear of looking like I'm drowning in a tall person's trench coat. Anything waist length felt too much like a blazer, so knee-length seemed to suit me best. I especially love the high zip collar. I'm not one to care much for hoods, so this is a perfect way to keep my neck warm without the extra hassle of a scarf or ruining my hair with a hood.
My favorite place to buy overcoats and jackets is Zara. Their selection right now has more of lighter jackets and trench coats with spring right around the corner, but I'm constantly checking back for sales and new finds. In my opinion, the best time to invest in a nice coat is right as the winter season is coming to an end. Stores are likely trying to get rid of last season items and you know what that means....sales!! A nice coat is timeless and well worth the investment if you're going to wear it for future winter seasons to come.
Here are a few of my other favorite coats, in slightly different styles:
- Utility Agata Jacket by Theory - Perfect to wear to work or to dinner over a nice dress. The light color is a great transition piece from winter to spring.
- Terence Classic Trench Coat by Soia & Kyo - Can't resist a good trench coat. So functional and can go over any outfit.
- Justice Coat by Finders Keepers - Adding a little pattern to the mix and the perfect accessory to a simple outfit
- Desert Beautiful Coat by MINKPINK - Winter coats don't have to be black, gray or boring.
- Stella Faux Fur Jacket by BSABLE - Because everyone needs a little (faux) fur in their closet.
What are some of your winter favorites?
Happy shopping ladies!!!