I try to keep my Sunday nights as calm as possible, because I like to be well rested and fresh come Monday morning. That might make me sound like a senior citizen...but I'm totally okay with it. My weekdays always seem to be super packed and I've found that if I'm really productive on Mondays, I'm able to keep that momentum going throughout the week. I wanted to share some of my Sunday night rituals with you all, to help you get a jump start on a productive week!
- I try and wrap up whatever it is I'm doing, whether it be errands, dinner with friends, etc. at a relatively decent hour, especially if I know I have a full schedule the next day. That allows me time to be back, get my life situated and be in bed on time so I'm able to get a good night's sleep. I'm a scary person in the morning if I'm still tired haha.
- I make my to-do list the night before. I've found that writing down my to-do's for the day before I go to bed helps me stay organized, but also saves me time in the morning. Plus, if I already know what I need to accomplish, I'm able to plan my day accordingly and ahead of time.
- I catch up on e-mails as much as I can. I don't know about you, but I get an absurd amount of e-mails for work. As a result, I've spent entire mornings just trying to catch up from everything I got between Friday evening and Monday morning. It's not fun. I try take some time out on Sunday to go through all my e-mails (work and personal), so I can jump right into my day and not spend so much time scrolling through my inboxes.
- I get ready for bed early. I tend to lag on going to bed, just because I'm avoiding washing my face and brushing my teeth. I'm annoying. But I've started doing that earlier, like right after dinner. That way I'm not feeling as lazy and I can jump right into bed whenever I'm ready.
- I make myself some tea and do something that relaxes me. Whether it's reading, catching up on my favorite shows or catching up with friends/family over the phone...anything that allows me to get in pajamas, light a candle and unwind is always the best way to end my Sunday.